Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bigaffes and Hostables


I have just opened my Christmas present. Yup, my Christmas present. Jp, bless his soul, bought me something awesome, and me, being the wicked witch of the west, made him show me what it was. Hehe.



It's a brand new freakin' laptop. I've been having computer problems lately...or haven't you noticed? It's fantastic. And portable. (a key element in a laptop, I must say) Sure am glad JP fessed up. I hate surprises, even good ones. Aren't I a drag?

I should tell you about my absentee blog-ism as of late. (new word I've just made up) Because we're so smart, we decided to play 'trading spaces' / 'musical chairs' at our house. Oh yeah, just before the holidays seems like a perfect time to renovate every single room of the home. My son moved into a brand new room that we added on, so we had drywallers and flooring installers here last month. Then of course we had to paint. (by we I mean I) Cunning as I am, I convinced my son it looks fantastic with just one wall painted, and left the other three the way they were.

My daughter -who up to now shared a room with her brother - got our bedroom. (the kids had the master bedroom before, and our room was smaller) But now that he has his own room, and she didn't want to stay in the big room all alone, she also moved into a new room. Our old one. More painting, furniture shopping/assembling, and hair pulling -by me~

Only for lack of options, we ended up in the kids old room ...which origianlly was the master bedroom, it's huge and it's got great potential. But now, after doing the kids rooms we're exhausted, and want a break from painting/renovating. So, we've decided we'll not paint til the new year.

Too bad the kids room was multicolored. One wall yellow, one lime green one blue and one pink. I think I know what it feels like to be on acid now. Wanna try? Come over and try and sleep in my bedroom.

It sure does bring me back though, staring at those walls. (no no, not to the time I did mushrooms in highschool) but to the days when they were little. And when they used to talk like little kids: Bigaffe and Hostable. (my daughter couldn`t say giraffe and hospital for the longest time, and now being in their room makes me long for the days when she used to talk like that.)


So there you have it boys and girls, I`m back and I`m sitting in my psychadellic room on my new laptop.

Poor JP, I wonder what he`s gonna buy me for Christmas next?

16 comments:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Good grief! Sounds like you have been busy! I am trying to talk myself into painting The Princess's room next week (I am off from work)....but I just can't seem to get excited about it!

Eileen said...

I'm exactly the same way with presents. I don't like surprises.
That was SO nice of JP to get you a laptop. I want one, can he please send one to me?
When we moved into our house, the girls' room was blue. 'Boy blue'. Then went for a weekend with their father a couple of years ago and I painted the entire room 'Princess Pink' complete with borders and sheer curtains. Now that they are 5 and 8, they are beyond princess'. Heather asked me a couple of nights ago if we could please paint their room. She hates it now. I asked what colour...'blue, Mommy...like it was before'. I was very smart when I painted it; I had the border so didn't paint right to the top. The border covered it. Well, they ripped the border down, so now you can see the blue. Yep, 'I want the blue back'.
I think I'd rather be on the same acid or schrooms that you're on in your room. You can always get the kids to help you pick the colours and paint your room.
Glad you're back. Missed you.

tweetey30 said...

I want to paint the girls rooms a light pink if I have enough after taxes come back this year. i also wanted to put murals up on there walls but decided not to do that in case sometime down the road they want to repaint there own rooms. So we will just have to put up puzzles and such in there rooms. Kora has Strawberry Shortcake for her theme and Bri has CareBears for hers.

That girl said...

Queen - WHAT? The queen has to do hard labour? Back in my day, all queens would have to do is sit back and look pretty :-)

Eileen - Wow, that one is funny. Isn't that always the way?

Tweets - Hope you'll get to paint the girls room, I'm sure they'll love it.

Dave said...

Welcome back.

Awesome Mom said...

Wow it sure sounds like you have been busy. I am envious of your new laptop.

That girl said...

Dave - thank you. good to be back!

Awesome mom - thanks, I love my new laptop :-)

Jazz said...

How brilliant is that? You force him to tell you what the gift is and then he's obliged to get you another... I should try that.

tweetey30 said...

Me too. It shouldnt take that many coats to put over white paint do you think??

That girl said...

Jazz - I figured it out. It's the only way to get MORE presents ;-)

Tweets - I am by NO means an expert painter, but I'd say a coat or probably two would suffice.

Pendullum said...

Merry Xmas...
What a beeeeaauuuuitifulllllll present....
Musical rooms?
Not too certain if you can live with the colours of your bedroom while surfing the net on your brand new laptop!!!

notfearingchange said...

LOL....do you need me to take a flight out there and paint the room?

Ann(ie) said...

Yay!! You're back. Sounds like quite a project. OMG and I'm loving that laptop. What an incredible gift. I'm gonna suggest that my hubby read this post and then I'll just repeatedly whisper i-phone in his ear over and over and over.....

=P

Lisa said...

What a thoughtful and practical surprise, I love it! I don't mind surprises TOO much, long as it shows they've put some thought into what I'm wanting or needing.

Top marks to JP for doing both! You certainly married the right man M lol

*hugs*

Lisa said...

oh and about the painting thing..isn't it just fab once everything gets settled and in place after a fresh lick of paint? I need to move onto the bathroom and toilet, but they're constantly being used damnit! lol

Sayre said...

You sound like me...

I have been a painting fool this week (see post) which means I've neglected my blog. Well, I've been kind of neglecting it anyway because there's so much else going on. November is my busiest month!!!