Monday, April 6, 2009

So we're back

.
I was trying to wait until the lab results came in to update, but it looks like it may take a few more days.

We are back from Children's Hospital, and I'm sure glad the surgery is over. It is so scary to see your child go under, especially for a wimp like me...

They didn't find anything in her throat, but they did say her esophagus was 'white and mucous-y'...so they took a biopsy. We are now waiting on those results, although I hope and pray that it is nothing.

Of course, now that she knows how worried I have been, and am, about her, she is acting like a little shit. She refuses to eat anything she doesn't like, and then blames it on her 'choking feeling'. LOL, it's funny and frustrating at the same time. Right now I'm catering to her though, as I wait for the results... she has lost quite a bit of weight, so I don't mind giving her only food she likes for the time being, so she can gain it back.


As far as the gluten free/ wheat free/ caseine free diet goes, we're doing alright... there are a lot of crazy products out there made out of who knows what that he can actually eat. Tonight he had 'rice-cream' and loved it :-)


In other news, my job is going okay, tax season (I work in the property tax department) is coming up, and people are starting to act like real shits. Always complaining and fighting about the taxes. Look people, I don't set the tax rate okay?!!!  Jeeez.


Oh, and one more random thing that pissed me off this week:  JP is a manager of his business, and he is totally different in his people skills than me. I am more intense and bossy, and he is relaxed and down to earth.  The problem is that sometimes, not often, people he works with forget that he's the one in charge. Example: We go into the business over the weekend, and one of the girls working there starting talking to him like he was the new kid in town.  

At one point she started arguing about a price with him, and she said 'you dipshit' to him. My mouth flew open and I couldn't believe it. I walked out of the store because I was furious and he stayed to finish the conversation with her. Back in the car, he said that the girl was just pissed off about something, and that he wasn't sure why she was so mad. I told him he needed to write her up for being insubordinate to him, but he thinks I'm over-reacting. 

In the end, he said he'd talk to her tomorrow, when she is in again, but I think he should have sent her home then and there.

I guess that is why his workers love him and would hate me as a boss... I'd put soap in their mouths, I swear I would!
.

23 comments:

Sayre said...

Still saying prayers for your girl (and for you, ever-so-patient Mommy). I hope everything turns out okay.

That girl called her boss a "dipshit"??? I'm with you. She should have been sent home. If she's treating the BOSS that way, how is she treating the customers?

Fned said...

So glad to hear your little girl is feeling much better and am crossing my fingers for the results to come back soon and bring good news.

xoxoxox's
Fned.

AshleyHami said...

Just learning about your little ones now...sending prayers about the test results!!!

My Aunt has a wheat allergy...well, she has tons of allergies...I gave her a cookbook one year for Christmas that has recipies that cater to her allergies...I'll see if I can dig up the name...she loves it!

I still can't believe that the girl said that to her boss! :O Was it in jest? Not that it makes it ok...I'm just trying to picture how it all went down...

That girl said...

Sayre - it's been a pretty rough night tonight, there was nothing that she'd eat. I alternated between threatening/yelling/pleading and I didn't feel like 'ever so patient' at all tonight. I felt like I totally let her down :-(

Fned - thanks for your good thoughts, I'll update when I know more.

HamiHari - The employee and Jp were talking about how much the price of something was and he said it was one price, and she said another, and back and forth. Finally she said 'you are such a dipshit, it's $33.00' She was getting totally mad, and in my opinion overstepped the line entirely.

tweetey30 said...

So much going on and I hope everything is well with your daughter. I would hate to have to witness that myself. They know when to push our mom buttons dont they though?? LOL.. Esp when they know we are worried about them. Take care of those precious children and we will talk soon.

Eileen said...

As far as D not eating and 'playing it up'...trust me, she's not going to starve herself. Yes, she may have a medical condition that limits her. If you cater to her now you will be doing it forever. Heather once said to me that she was not going to eat dinner because she didn't like it and was going to die of starvation. I let her not eat and told her that 'by the way', a person can actually go several days without eating before they actually died, but if that's what she wanted to do, then go ahead.
She ate. She never said that again.
I know it's scary to see your child in pain. D will always remember that when she came 'out' of the surgery you were there. Good for you for being there (any GOOD parent would be...yes, there is 'stuff' there with me...Scott didn't go to the hospital when Heather had her tonsils out and he promised to be there. She still remembers).
Work stuff...sounds like there is little respect in the pecking order there. That's JP's 'problem' if he doesn't like it. Some people are just like that, very casual and 'one of' with employees. Some people are 'the boss' and some people are not.

Update with the staus of D when you have one.

JR said...

Any employee of mine who called me a dipshit would be fired immediately. "VV"

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I haven't been around much....so sorry I did not know about your daughter! I am SO glad to hear she is doing better.

As for the worker...I would have been livid. P is a super laid back boss too....I don't get it!

Ann(ie) said...

SCARY!! I'm so glad your girly girl is okay, love!
And um, that employee???? That would have really pissed me off...Mateo would have handled it just like JP, too. =/

Laura said...

Awww Michelle sounds like you've been up to a lot since I last read. I'm so sorry to hear what your two kiddos are going through - that must be hard on them and on you. Saying a prayer for you guys that your daughter is ok.

Thought you might enjoy this resource for gluten-free recipes for your son, if you haven't found it already: http://gluten-freerecipes.blogspot.com/

BlondeBlogger said...

Oh, sweetie, what you've been through! I am so sorry!

Do you know Natalie had the same exact problem and had the same exact procedure done for it? It's the "globus sensation" right? I actually have it too from time to time and it's the most awful feeling. :(

And I SO know what you mean about watching them put your baby down under anesthesia. Just so hard to watch and I'll never forget it.

I pray the results come out okay and for strength for you to handle all that you're going through.

Totally agree with you on the dipshit lady, too, btw. :)

JR said...

So what's the latest with your daughter? Everything check out okay? "VV"

BlondeBlogger said...

Thinking of you....*hug*

Eileen said...

Where are you now???
You keep posting and dissapearing.
You didn't even comment on my blog.

Tamara said...

So happy to hear all is going much better on your end!!
hey,I wanted to ask you something....I NEVER check my Gmail acct.,but tonight I logged in,and noticed an invite to your private blog.Did I already get put on your list somehow ? Cuz it says that I'm too late to accept the invite.But here I am on your blog...LOL...so WT?
Anyways,I love poppimg in her cuz your blog really rocks!! (and so do you) ;-}
Huggggggggggs

Ann(ie) said...

wanted to pop by and wish you a happy mother's day. hope all is well!!! xoxo.

Fned said...

Hey girl, long time no hear, I hope everything is going okay for you over there!

Bises,
Fned.

Ryan said...

So I stop by to see how things are and all this is going on!! I sure hope things are OK with you, hubby, and mostly the chillens.

JR said...

I'm still checking back to see if you've re-surfaced. E-mail me and let me know if everything is okay. Vancouver Voyeur

tweetey30 said...

Damn woman where are you??? Is everything all right with you and the family. I have e-mailed you and havent responded to that either.. Last I heard you had surgery and that was it.. Come on post and let us know whats up... Miss you.....

tweetey30 said...

OK MICHELLE WHERE ARE YOU???? I HAVE EVEN TRIED E-MAILING YOU AND YOU DONT REPSOND..... LET US KNOW YOU ARE STILL AROUND SOME WHERE SAFE PLEASE........

tweetey30 said...

OK woman its been almost a year where are you.... come on e-mail me.. Let me know you are ok...

Scarlett said...

I hope everything is ok with your little one.

I am totally on your side on the "dipshit" thing. I would have fired her on the spot.